Last update: May 24th, 2018.
Last update: May 24th, 2018.
Kanmoji.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you are children under the age of 13 , we do not collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Consult your parent's for consent for the collection and storage of data. Your parents should be able to review the data and revoke permission at any time.
Kanmoji.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If you do not agree to the changes, you may cancel your account. This policy is effective from January 17th, 2018.
We processes Personal Data as a Controller
Kanmoji.com entity which you as a user entered an agreement with when using our platform, will be the Controller for user data
What we collect
We may collect the following information when you register for an account, subscribe to mailing list, enter a competition, promotion or survey or report problems with our services, or by corresponding with us by phone, email and live chat.
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- non-sensitive demographic information such as postcode, preferences and topic interests
- other non-sensitive information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- if you choose to purchase a product from us, we or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information
- when you use our websites or apps, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services.
Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This could include socio-demographic information and information about your likely interests based on your previous web browsing and purchases. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we collected about you.
Intended use of personal data
Some of our services may require you to provide us with Personal Data (ex. email address) otherwise it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have given your consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you have given your consent, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes described above will typically be one of the following:
It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract.
You have consented to us using your personal information for this purpose (for example, when you create an account with us, agree to receive marketing emails from us or create an alert). You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the information from your account or updating your marketing preferences.
3. Legitimate interests
It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to operate, improve and promote our services (for example, when we customise your experience of our services or use your information for analytics purposes) and to protect our business. Sometimes, we may process your personal information when it is in the legitimate interests of our other company.
4. Legal obligations
It is necessary for us to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sharing your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or jurisdictions around the world.
- By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we use service providers outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (for example, the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield) to ensure that your personal information is adequately safeguarded in the recipient country.
- In The Event Of A Change Of Control
We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to the Product or Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Our Retention Of Your Information
(a) If you have an account with us, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
(b) If you previously had an account with us, we will retain your information as necessary to comply with our tax and legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
(c) If you are a visitor to the Sites we will retain your information for as long as necessary but no longer than one (1) year after your last visit to our Sites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at hey-at-kanmoji.com - you can delete your membership account at any time using the account settings page.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at hey-at-kanmoji.com.
We may store personal information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our Sites, such as posting comments on our blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee might be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
email : hey-at-kanmoji.com , or
mail : Unit 1536 PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US, UK.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request that we rectify or delete the personal data or to restrict the processing of your personal data, if you think they are inaccurate. Furthermore, you have the right to object against the processing based on our legitimate interests as a legal basis. Additionally, you also have the right to data portability if it should become relevant. You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with the UK Information Commissioner at: Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF